The Classics Club are holding their fifth Classics Club Spin and as I joined in with the last one, which saw me read a book that I was dreading, Nabokov’s Lolita, I thought it would be a good idea to join again to kick start my classics reading this year!
The rules are as follows:
- Pick twenty books from your Classics Club List and post that list on your blog before next Monday (10th February).
- Next Monday a number will be chosen at random and the book on your list, which corresponds with the Classics Spin number, will be the book you read for February and March.
- The challenge is to read the book and post your review by the 2nd April!
Here’s my list:
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (1847)
3. A Room with a View by E. M. Forster (1908)
4. Nadja by André Breton (1928)
5. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (1961)
Books I am dreading:
6. Justine by Marquis de Sade (1791)
7. Bleak House by Charles Dickens (1853)
8. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot (1860)
9. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (1862)
10. Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1939)
Books I am looking forward to:
11. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (1920)
12. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (1932)
13. The Outsider by Albert Camus (1942)
14. Animal Farm by George Orwell (1945)
15. The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir (1954)
16. A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft (1792)
17. The Female Quixote by Charlotte Lennox (1752)
18. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1866)
19. On the Road by Jack Kerouac (1957)
20. Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe (1964)
Fingers crossed I don’t get another book I’m dreading!!