As I have recently joined The Classics Club, which is a challenge to read at least 50 classics in the space of 5 years, I thought the fourth Classics Club Spin would be the perfect opportunity to get the ball rolling.
The rules are as follows:
- Pick twenty books from your Classics Club List and post that list on your blog before next Monday (18th November).
- Next Monday a number will be chosen at random and the book on your list, which corresponds with the Classics Spin number, will be the book you read for November and December.
- The challenge is to read the book and post your review by the 1st January!
So, here is my list of 20 books:
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (1847)
2. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (1857)
3. A Room with a View by E. M. Forster (1908)
4. Nadja by André Breton (1928)
5. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (1961)
Books I am dreading:
6. Justine by Marquis de Sade (1791)
7. Bleak House by Charles Dickens (1853)
8. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot (1860)
9. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (1862)
10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (1955)
Books I am looking forward to:
11. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (1920)
12. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (1932)
13. The Outsider by Albert Camus (1942)
14. Animal Farm by George Orwell (1945)
15. The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir (1954)
Random (picked by my three-year-old niece!):
16. Love in Excess by Eliza Haywood (1719)
17. Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1864)
18. Nana by Émile Zola (1880)
19. Out of Africa by Karen Blixen, aka. Isak Dinesen (1937)
20. Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee (1959)